In a recent survey more than a quarter of respondents listed public speaking above shark attack, snake bite and lightning strike as THE number one fear. Side effects can include nausea, increased heart rate, sweaty palms, dry throat and an intense desire to run away and hide.
Sound familiar? We can help you. Social Agility’s interactive, face-to-face public speaking courses deliver results by helping you develop a natural presenting style. This puts both you and your audience at ease.
If you are in a situation at work or at play where you are required to stand up and talk this workshop will help you. Learning to connect with and engage an audience will build your confidence and drive your performance.
This public speaking course draws upon 20 years of expertise and uses practice from theatre, literature and business. You will win over your audience as a more relaxed and naturally confident public speaker.
This intensive one-day workshop is designed for busy professionals.
What will you learn?
- How to build a convincing presentation based on strong arguments
- Harnessing non-verbal and verbal communications skills
- How to read the crowd but stay on track
- Handling nerves and channelling adrenalin for positive impact
- Opening and closing the presentation to hook and hold your audience
- Using storytelling devices to keep momentum and build emotion
- Practicing your new skills in the ‘safe zone’ of the training room
- Being your personal best: making you a highly effective ‘natural’ public speaker
Who should attend?
- Anyone looking to be more successful by improving their natural presenting and public speaking style
- Those required to perform a presentation in a work setting
- Those who have a life event such as a wedding, graduation or retirement where they will need to design and deliver a presentation or public speech
- Those who suffer from presentation nerves and feel this is a barrier to their personal or professional wellbeing and success
How participants improved by completing the workshop
What participants say
Good session. I like the activities and the participant engagement. The facilitator is great at making everyone feel comfortable and safe to speak.
It was a great way to tune out of the daily grind and tune in to some really helpful self reflection.
StephanieNot for Profit Sector
Really productive, motivating and specific to my individual needs.
The facilitator is a fantastic and approachable mentor. He provides great advice and stories to illustrate his examples. Wonderful workshop, thank you
JordanNot for Profit Sector
Really great techniques for understanding what our/my strengths are and authentically connecting them to our clients. I enjoy the facilitator’s straightforward manner, experience and insight.
Addresses a lot of real situations with possible ways of resolving them.
Great practical exercises, great presenter, great session for understanding ourselves in order to better service our clients.
Simple and effective way to challenge the old/bad habits in the workplace. This workshop helped us to understand ourselves better at work.
Excellent foundational philosophy: being effective in business with both soft and hard skills and methods.
Great mix of insights, stories and ideas on a tested structure for a pitch. It made me take a step back and think about it properly.
Jon and his team opened our eyes to a new way of demonstrating our understanding of a prospective clients needs and project requirements. This was one of the best investments I’ve ever made for our business. I have no doubt we have won pitches that we otherwise would have missed out on.
Excellent course! The facilitator worked closely with the team in an interactive and facilitated manner. This ensured that key outcomes were achieved and each course participant felt consulted and involved in the training process. There was ample opportunity for feedback throughout and the facilitator was well prepared on the nature of our business.
LorettaNot for Profit Sector
This was an ideal way to raise our game. We acquired some very discerning clients and developed higher level thinking that has really helped set us apart from the pack. Clients know they will get an outstanding offer, tied into their objectives and delivering solid return.
Presenting Naturally Workshop Dates
Thursday 19 April 2018 (Limited places)
Thursday 21 June 2018
Thursday 2 August 2018
Thursday 13 September 2018
Thursday 1 November 2018
- Price: $645 (incl. GST) on our open ‘Public Speaking Courses Melbourne’ programs
- Training location: Level 17, 31 Queen Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Timings: 1 day intensive, 9:30am-4:30pm
About our workshops
Public Speaking Courses Melbourne: Our open courses help you drive your performance through effective interpersonal skills. They are designed by experts based on extensive research and practical insight. Workshops are highly interactive and are limited to a maximum of 10 participants. Please also remember to read our Cancellation Policy prior to booking.
One day public workshop not your style? Then take a look at our other options for ‘Public Speaking Courses Melbourne’.
Let us call you back and talk through the options
Don’t miss out
Next Public Speaking Courses Melbourne:
Thursday 19 April 2018 (Limited Places)
One day intensive: 9:30am-4:30pm
Level 17, 31 Queen Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000